A very good friend of mine — who is one half of “the meatballs,” as some people refer to us as — just said to me that in 2017, she’d like to do more day drinking instead of staying out so late. I think that is one of the best ideas she’s ever had, and she has a lot of ideas, all the time.
Why is this such a good idea? Let me count the ways …
- No covers.
- No lines.
- No drunk douchebags.
- No crowds.
- Drinks are usually cheaper.
- Hangovers will be less because we will get plenty of sleep and consume lots of water before bed.
- First pick of bar stools and/or tables.
- Make better connections with bartenders and staff.
- It’s fun.
- No rate spikes for Uber or Lyft.